Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #20-Explore Utube and teachertube...

Looking at the one thing,? common sense to me about evaluating a website, etc. Quality is the first thing to consider which (for me) involves looking at who constructed, when, updated? validity comes from that information and being able to determine this (my opinion) come with experience and ability to discriminate and look for opinion vs. fact. They talk really fast so that wouldn't work for 2nd year in US. Even though I want them to be informed.
Three Steps- OMG! 21st century learners, great but! again...this is what I try to provide for my students. Have you seen my painting that I did in my class after a trip to Grand Canyon and Sedonna and my second trip to Santa Fe, NM? I will get a picture and put it in here. the tables are painted now, also. The students painted the tables as a community project and each class got to work on two tables. First I have to log in to the district and then the other district and then I can get it. I guess I will load onto a memory stick so I don't have to do that again! It would be nice to try and provide those other conditions, but sometimes there are obstacles...Competition, cooperation, collaboration, great approach. I would like my students to tr
y Global School house, ming looked interesting, facebook, talk, build, create, collaborate (again), learn, unlearn, relearn, friendship through: edu and Epals, Skype, podomatic, connect individually, then through collaboration...it could all me made into a tag cloud! someday!
I don't teach TX History and couldn't relate...But I will recommend to teacher friend, although, she is already stressed enough!
ZamZar- OMG- can't wait till I have unstressed time to look at this closer. It looked like great to explore and incorporate into whatever! Later it could be very helpful.
Blinx became information overload.
With Utube I could find one video about teaching ESL students with using puppets. It was very good.
Teacher Tube had no videos for teaching middle school ESL (2nd year in US) videos! Maybe something can be created with my students this year and posted. I'll let everyone know! of course!

1 comment: