Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing #11- Library Thing- Not!

Once again, I went through all the steps, tour, intro, podcast-Okay-for background info. signed up for an account, added one book (Gone With the Wind) because I am not interested in this at all! I guess I could unenthusiastically add 4 more books for what reason? Using up time! I browsed through all the tabs and fell into information overload. If my students would get interested fine..but once again, 2nd year learning English presents with a different set of problems. It would probably not be useful for them. Ididn't look into any groups because I am not interested in this approach to sharing my reading. I have a few friends that I share with and that is enough for me. At this point of my life, I am owning and honoring my extremely introverted personality. I don't need a world wide group to share with. I have my mom, sister, and friends!

2 comments:

L'l Bit said...

I am glad to see someone thinks along the same lines as me. I don't get it! I don't care that much about what anybody thinks. Just certain people - friends, family, etc. - but certainly not strangers online. Welcome to my unenthusiasm of social networking!

Unknown said...

I don't do Library Thing as a personal thing either - like you NO TIME. But I can see how it could be useful in the classroom - get the kids to comment on books in the classroom library - a new a & different kind of book report.