Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #19 -Web 2.0 Awards

First thing I tried was self-publisher -Lulu and was greatly surprised. It might be something I could do with my students. I need to do further research. But, I really liked the easy to follow demo explanation on how to create a book or photo album. I actually might be able to get this to work with my students. Plus it is good that they will print and ship. The person gets 80% and I couldn't determine if it was going to cost more money or additional money later for sign-up. You can create your own store front and everything. You can even get an ISBN number (bet that might cost money!) It seems to be a complete online publishing company at no sign-up cost. They said all the right things in their demo. "Lulu creator-you've got all the right connections!" Clever! Publish>Sell>Buy, Very interesting! I am impressed! Mucho!

I really wanted to stick with number ones, but I decided to look at Mango Language- I know a lot of Spanish, but I don't speak fluently so I am always interested in attempting to learn more! It was interesting because I discovered that, without paying extra, you can start the basic lessons. They had an ESL Spanish which to me meant learning Spanish, but it was ESL English. I noted that there was not a direct learning English choice, also. So then I tried the Spanish and they went into this whole explanation of verbs, person, etc on the first attempt!

I have already signed up Pandora. I love it. The greyhound person that does my greyts martingale collars, husband is big with technology and got her to Pandora so she shared with me on a phone call so that we have a variety of music for our workouts. He is with the government somehow or another and they got the Irobot cleaner and he said it was great technology so I got one for the dog hair of 4 dogs, and it is great and it is adorable! and it does clean better than I can. Of course, I did not believe completely and checked out all the reviewer pros and cons of the ibot before I got one. Like everyone else that really likes it, I want the one that cleans with water next!

Looked at .docstoc- not- useful- @ the moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't Pandora wonderful? It totally reawakaned my love of music and I spent way to much $$ on Amazon updating my neglected CD collection!