Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing #13- tagging and del....


The whole social thing is a turn off for me. It just becomes to much information! It is like trying to clean my "drop room" and not knowing where to start. Again, with the lack of beginning computer schools, and language issues, the question is "Where do you start and how simple can it be made to get them to be able to function?" Common Craft presentions are understandable, but my students wouldn't be able to use them from the language perspective, but from the visual, yes. The delicious podcast barely kept my attention. Furl wasn't interesting to me at all, either. It would help me to filter information, though, and it would help if I were in a research situation. Ma.gnolia- is a smart filter, but not for me at this time. Furl- capture and organize, enough already! At this point it doesn't fit. I am not the "authority" in my school environment! I have been been "shot down" enough to know that even when people thing theyknow ow to deal they don't. They haven't worked with the type of student we are working with and yet they are the "authority". I have learned to let them "rule" and do my job.
This would be a great way to work on a doctoral degree. I think I can't take advantage of it right now!

No comments: