Friday, July 4, 2008

#12- creating community through commenting...

Read the definition, read all the hot links, common sense to me. Especially, if participating in this community fully. But, I am not interested in reaching out and finding more people to keep me from taking take of what I actually need to take care of. I would say that the whole community through blogging is great for those that want this. Commenting like a King, etc. everyone of the links are saying the same thing in different ways. Just depends on which one suits you. I don't invite comments because this is not the way I want to be involved with my friends. Ten commandments, same, Drapes takes, the same, Blogging 101, Alias vs real, same make your choice it depends on individual choice, That I am aware of, I will not be podcasting. If I ever own one an ipod I will use it in the classroom for books for the students to listen to. Otherwise, it would be for my personal music enjoyment. Dogs just don't get into all this stuff, and a major part of my life is my 4 retired racing greyhounds. General commenting info if helpful because this is how the students should be handled-positive, constructive, supportive. Sorry, not commenting superficially to anyone's blog because that would be just plain rude to pretend. Did comment on one teacher's blog because I work with her and I was amazed at how she seemed to be like a "a fish in water" and have an incredible understanding and involvment in this process. So, I sincerely commented! I do my connecting through actual activities with people, one on one. This should not be a forced on activity with insincere follow through. Discovery of something should be enjoyable. The adventure of learning more about something needs to fueled by actual abililty to put the discovery learning to good use. What is good for all isn't neccesarily good for the individual.

6 comments:

Redsie1 said...

There are times when I want to be a "luddite" (one who renounces technology), but then I discover something else and get excited. For me, picking and choosing from these many options can and often do make my life more interesting and get my brain growing!
Redsie1

nancym said...

You are the recipeint of my random daily blog response! I love your voice in all your responses. It is so nice to hear an honest tone. I can tell that you set aside quality time to do those things that are meaningful to you so watch out for some of the upcoming tasks. I wanted a little more info on why you chose your avatar because your's looks almost exactly like mine but I have on shorts to celebrate my newly firm and tanned legs. Have a great summer and give a lot of love to those greyhounds. Nancy

myska said...

It is refreshing to hear someone who is well-grounded in reality! Your conviction is great and I applaud you. I do see the value of blogging and commenting in connecting with people other than those with whom I have face to face contact. I find it fascinating to be in touch with people around the world! I got a comment from a guy in Canaca!

teenyafan said...

I agree that keeping up with commenting means you are reading a lot of blogs or blogging yourself. That's my thought about subscribing to blogs. Will I scramble to keep up with reading them when I need to be cleaning the house or playing a game with the kids? That's why I won't devote myself full time to a blog.

kk said...

Amen, sister!

Unknown said...

Hey, pat yourself on the back - your post generated all sorts of responses - that means you struck a cord! I read many blogs but only comment on some of them.