Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing #14 - Technorati and how tags work?




Why? Again! Why? There is nothing I at the moment that I want to research, except how to make tag clouds, and those mosaic looking picture collages because that could be helpful for students with vocabulary and story information. Again, there isn't enough time in the day to process the research! Again, move into information overload. The perfect tag? You have got to be kidding! I thought that the whole idea was to tag with something that was important to "you." Who's judging? Is this our "business"? I began to be interested in the idea of tag clouds, though, and started to try and find information for making them. On delicious I got over 2000 websites for how to do them! So, I thought start by looking at the most bookmarked sites. Well, what if you don't have "the program" and then I started looking at the ones for Newbies! Well, 6 hours later, I still hadn't been able to figure it out! At another time maybe I will find someone that will know how to show me and then I will be able to create something for my students use!
I looked at a couple of other blog sites and was not interested. I looked at one called Sugar Cubes (http://thesugarcubes.net/links/) -it started out interesting then it got weird, for me. I don't need to be in other strangers business!

No comments: