Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing # 6- Mashups/3rdparties...

This is computer Monday! So I have spent some time here! Wow Mappr is incredible with pics along the way. I got to Flickr services so that is bookmarked for future play & discovery. Flickr Vision was amazing with pics being posted within moments & from all over the globe, although, I am not so sure of the usefulness. Reading about mashups was rather frustrating, though. I looked at the tutorials for mashups through IBM. Since working through Flickr makes all possible through their services. I signed up for Google Picasa & all my pics were imported & there for using. I think that through Big Hugh Labs, using Custom Mosiacs would be a good way to introduce theme reading, with Map Maker, I think it would be useful for introducing literature and authors through location. Having students make a Magazine cover or Movie Poster would be a good completion of book reading project. A Motivator Project might be a good advice project for students coming the next year. This is so much technical information to process & editing it in my head for usefulness with students that are in the 2nd year of being in the US. I know that the first year teacher is doing the 23 Library things and we are going to need to collaborate and we can create some very useful approaches to incorporating this with our students. I am somewhat concerned with the amount of storage possibilities of these laptops, and some of the information I wanted to look at wanted an updated browser of 7+IE, Firefox, or Safari!

No comments: