Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing #4- Oh my God!

I finally wrote the i!
I thought I would never get the avatar in, until I wrote down the instructions! I have been dealing with this process and problem solving (with no resolution for copying a personal (an exercise class I use to teach)dvd (that was copied from a vcr to dvd-there has to be something that I am missing) and setting up switching electric companies since my current contract is up on July 3 and is going from 13.5 to 20.8!
I think my concern about using something like this with the students is:
1. If I don't have clear step by step with pictures so that it flows for me to process, it is going to be very difficult to extract to 2nd year in the US students without the funds to have computers at home, and few have had any experience on the computer to begin with.
2. If they have to much choice for doing something, they take forever!

On the other hand, if a class blog could be started, it could possibly help them with writing and reading skills. The difficult part would be how limited they are with language and we keep seeing the same words used over and over!

Signing up isn't so hard!

2 comments:

LKP said...

But you did a great job in the end --- I really like your AVATAR!

Unknown said...

I showed some of the kids how to make Avatars. They figured out how to make many, many Avatars! In fact they wouldn't stop!